We love popcorn almost as much as a fresh pair of hiking socks!
Popcorn is one of the easiest snacks to make when backpacking and hiking. If you have a backpacking stove and a pot, the only ingredients you need are popcorn, oil, and salt.
Cook Time: About 3 minutes
- Popcorn kernels
- Oil (we recommend coconut oil when backpacking)
- Salt of other preferred seasoning
- Stove (we used a Jetboil Minimo)
- Pot with lid
- Add about a tbsp of oil to the pot
- Pour in a single layer of kernels (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup depending on pot size)
- Place lid on pot and set stove to medium low
- Shake pot as kernels pop. There will be plenty of steam.
- When popping slows turn off stove
- Remove lid with caution to avoid remaining steam and flying kernels
- Season as desired
- Salt and butter
- Cheese powder
- Nutritional yeast
- Mix with M&Ms, Reese's Pieces or your favorite candy
- Make it spicy with Our Dehydrated Sriracha Powder Tutorial
Try making some popcorn on your next hiking or backpacking adventure and let us know how it turns out!
Find more backpacking recipes from the Cloudline blog here.