Easy Backpacking Stove Popcorn Recipe
We love popcorn almost as much as a fresh pair of hiking socks!
Popcorn is one of the easiest snacks to make when backpacking and hiking. If you have a backpacking stove and a pot, the only ingredients you need are popcorn, oil, and salt.
Cook Time: About 3 minutes
- Popcorn kernels
- Oil (we recommend coconut oil when backpacking)
- Salt of other preferred seasoning
- Stove (we used a Jetboil Minimo)
- Pot with lid
- Add about a tbsp of oil to the pot
- Pour in a single layer of kernels (about 1/4 - 1/2 cup depending on pot size)
- Place lid on pot and set stove to medium low
- Shake pot as kernels pop. There will be plenty of steam.
- When popping slows turn off stove
- Remove lid with caution to avoid remaining steam and flying kernels
- Season as desired
Try making some popcorn on your next hiking or backpacking adventure and let us know how it turns out!
New to backpacking? Read tips from a beginner's first backpacking trip.
Also in The CloudLine Blog